Brain Healthy Mediterranean Diet: Sundried Tomato and Pesto Penne Rigate
- 1 pound of whole-wheat pasta
- 1 ounce of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 ounce of low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 pound of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer directions. Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in broth and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add red pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add pesto, salt, cayenne pepper, and cooked pasta.
- Cook on medium high heat another 3 minutes.
- Add broth, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach.
- Cook until spinach is wilted, 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
◄ more recipes
Keep Your Brain Healthy
Keep your mind sharp with fun games and lifestyle changes. Start by clicking the below steps.
Tuna with Olives, Tomatoes and Capers |
Fresh Fruit Parfait |
Mediterranean Turkey |
Vegetarian Tuscany Stew |
Banana Whole Wheat Pancakes |
Turkey Meatballs and Sauce |